What information do I collect about you?
I collect minimal contact information when you contact me or become a client with me.
How will I use the information about you?
- I collect and store information about you to communicate with you and manage your account.
- I will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other companies.
- I will only store your information for the course of our working relationship, or as per legal obligations.
- All handling of your personal data is undertaken in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
The lawful bases for processing personal data that I follow are:
- Performance of a contract
- Informed consent
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Legitimate interest of performing my contractual obligations to my clients
Who else might process your personal data?
- My accountants, only if required for them to prepare and file my tax returns.
- Theoretically, my IT support provider, including BackBlaze my US cloud-based backup system, although it is highly unlikely they would choose to view such data. BackBlaze store my system data in the US: https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/217664578-Where-are-my-files-stored-
Where does your data go?
- As a virtual worker your data travels with me due to data syncing with my laptop and is processed from wherever I am, which can include the USA, Australia and other locations outside the 'adequacy country' list. You can view the adequacy country list at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en
- Your data is held on Cloud Services via Microsoft 365. Microsoft store my data in the UK. It is reasonable for me to trust their data storage policies. Microsoft’s policies are available to view here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/o365-data-locations?view=o365-worldwide
I will not contact you for marketing purposes and do not maintain an email marketing list.
Access to your information and correction
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about you.
- If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email me at email@example.com. I may need to make a small charge for this service.
- I want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask me to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- Where I am holding personal data in my work for a client, I will report to my client if I receive any data subject rights requests relating to my clients’ data. I will respond to data subject rights requests in line with my legal obligations.
I do not use Google Analytics on my website.
How to contact me
Please contact me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if:
- You have any questions about information I hold about you
- You wish to complain
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to my use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
If you want information about your legal rights in relation to processing of your personal data, please see https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/